Mumbai is truly the dream capital of our country. People come here from all over the country to realise their dreams, dreams of all shapes and sizes. But living in a bustling metropolis doesn’t come easy. Many a times, people have to cover ridiculous distances and fight their way to their work places. They always seem to be in a hurry, rushing from one task to the other, running from one place to the other. But there’s certainly a method to this madness.
Food is one of the highlights of this city. It can truly be said that this place is a melting pot of various cultures and influences. Owing to the hectic work schedules during the week, most of us want to relax on weekends. What better way than good food and good company to refresh and rejuvenate oneself for the coming week’s grind?
Whether you are craving Maharashtrian cuisine or a coastal one, or perhaps Parsi, we have you covered. Listed below are some of the most iconic food joints in the city, to please your taste buds. These are categorised accoring to the cuisines, so it makes your decision a tad easier.
- Sujata Uphaar Gruh (Recommended : Special Maharashtrian Thali, Zunka Bhakri, Bhajni Thalipeeth)
- Aram CST (Recommended: Kothimbir Wadi, Thalipeeth, Kharwas, Misal Pav)
- Mamledar Misal (Super Tej Misal, Vada Usal Pav, Kharwas)
- Surti Bhuleshwar (Cheese Pav Bhaji, Surti Undhiya, Surti Deluxe Thali)
- Thacker Caterers (Khichiyu, Handvo, Patra, Thacker’s Special Thali)
- Golden Star Thali ( Surti Undiya, Special Full Tiffin)
- Udipi Idli House (Butter Vegetable Idli, Masala Kakdi Idli, Kanchipuram Idli, Oondi daalitoya)
- Mani’s Lunch Home (Vegetable Set Carrier Meal, Bisibella Rice, Elayada, Ulundu Dosa, Neer Dosa, Mysore Bonda)
- Rama Nayak’s Udipi (Carrier Meal, Daalitoya, Paal Payasam, Kesari Shrikhand)
- Achareker’s Malvan Katta (Bombil Thali, Chicken Thali Vade, Mori Masala, Pomfret Masala)
- Gable’s Restaurant (Chichen Vindaloo and Rice, Chicken Steak with chips, Prwan Curry and Rice, Bombil Fry Curry Rice)
- Jaihind (Chicken Cafreal, Chichen Vindaloo, Bharla Bombil, Chicken Sagoti, Pomfret Meen Gassi, Kori Kari)
- Modern Lunch Home( Chicken Ghee Roast, Neer Dosa Chicken, Komdi Wada, Bangda Puli Munchi, Surmai Thali)
- Ideal Corner Restaurant (Jerdaloo Salli Boti, Patra Fish, Chicken Farcha Chips, Chicken Dhaanshak and Kababs, Bumla Fry)
- Jimmy Boy (Prawns Berry Pulao, Saas Ni Machhi, Dahi Kadi and Yellow Rice, Dhun Dal and Prawns Patio, Mutton Dhanshak)
- Piccadilly Restaurant (Chicken Berry Pulao, Jujeh Kebab, Salli Mutton, Margi Na Farcha with Chips)
- Vaishno Punjab (Home Style Vegetarian Punjabi Food)
- Crystal (Biryani, Paneer Korma, Rajma)
- Ayub’s (Chicken Baida Roti, Mutton Bhuna Plate, Dum Biryani)
- Noor Mohammadi Hotel (Nalli Nihari, Shahi Plate, Chicken White Biryani, Mutton Paya, Chicken Achari)
- Jaffer Bhai Delhi Darbar (Mutton Biryani, Chicken Patiala, Mutton Khichda, Murg Musallam, Dum Gosht)
- Kareem’s (Murg Hari Mirch Kabab, Chcken Afgani Tandoori, Gosht Nihari, Chicken Bhuna)
So, whatever be your preference, there’s something for everyone. In terms of cuisines, there’s so much variety, you could try a different one each weekend and not get bored. In addition to the ones listed above, there are many hidden gems. So, get your explorer hat on and many more interesting places will reveal themselves to you.