It is that time of the year when everyone is busy making New Year plans. Whether you want to celebrate it at a high end club or simply at home with friends, there’s something for everyone. A house party gives us the comfort of our homes and the luxury of doing things at our own pace. A house party is no mean feat to achieve. It should take into account the taste preference of everyone invited.
Rather than keeping a specific cuisine menu, you could keep an eclectic one. But care should be taken that the flavour profiles are similar and complement each other.
Here’s a mixed menu you could try and wow your guests.
For starters you could try Hummus and pita bread. In addition to that, you could serve Batata Sev Puri and Falafel.
These outlets listed below have a huge array of delectable finger food:
- Pondicherry Cafe
- Mamledar Misal
If you are serving vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes both, you could have a north indian themed main course. Here are a few ideas:
- Butter Chicken: A north indian favourite, it is a crowd pleaser. You can have it with chapatis, naan or pulao.
- Methi Matar Malai: For all your vegetarian friends, this dish cooked with fenugreek leaves, peas cooked in cream, it will certainly be a hit.
- Rogan Josh: This mutton dish, cooked in classic Kashmiri spices will surely make the guests coming back for more.
- Biryani: Whether it is the lightly spiced, aromatic Lucknowi or the heavily spiced Hyderabad one, this one is a favourite. It can either be had all by itself or with a side dish.
- Daal Makhani: Slow cooked black urad daal mixed with a little rajma and topped with blobs of butter, makes this dal to die for.
- Breads: North Indian flatbreads like naan, missi roti, kulcha and stuffed naan go really well with these dishes.
Outlets from where you can get the best home-style Punjabi food:
Finish your dinner with a high. A beautiful dessert cleanses the palate and sums up the meal. Since the main dishes could be a little heavy, choose a dessert which is light. You could try the following options:
- Jalebi with Rabdi: This combination is a marriage made in heaven. It is sure to woo the guests.
- Baklava: A Turkish classic. Layers of filo sheets and filled with nuts and pistachios, this cannot go wrong.
- Sitafal Icecream: If your palate craves something light, this is the answer for you. The interesting flavour of custard apples will certainly appeal to your guests.
The places below offers a mind-boggling variety of sweets:
Any food cooked and served with love, becomes all the more delectable. Success of any party depends on the company. Good friends and good food create memories. Laughter, music and merry making are key to a good party. And isn’t New Year’s too all about this?
Wishing all the readers a very happy New Year.